Purpose of following lesson plans
Welcome to My First Eucharist, a family program to prepare for the celebration of your child’s first Eucharist. In these six lessons, you and your child will review how:
- Celebrating the Eucharist models our family celebrations
- Review the Parts of the Mass
- The Story of Jesus provides a model for our lives
- God forgives us when we sin
- We are part of the ongoing story of the Faith Community, and
- In receiving the Sacrament of the Eucharist, we are called to become like Christ whom we receive.
Structure of each lesson
In My First Eucharist lessons are designed to incorporate activities, vocabulary sessions, learning videos, and activities designed to be done together. Each lesson provides all necessary information and links.
Each lesson plan provides step by step instructions to walk through that lesson’s content. Prior to working with your child print and review the lesson to ensure you have gathered all necessary materials and identified the correct video links. This will facilitate a positive experience for both you and your child.
Download this page for your future reference